Friday 29 June 2012

Print Making!







This is my attempt at making a digital print of Ed Sheeran with the body of a cat. I was inspired to do this by looking at a poster that was done in a way similar to this, by using the head of a lion and a body of a woman. I found this tutorial interesting to follow but the guy was sometimes rambling and during the tutorial I may have skipped some bits because they weren't necessary for me to apply to my artwork and when I reached the end of the tutorial, I felt that it wasn't necessary to do anything to do with flames because it wouldn't have related to Ed Sheeran.

Also, I feel that this turned out really well because I like the effect that it has and the fact that I went against the tutorial because I wanted to do something different I was enjoying the effects that I was getting. The idea that came to me with the paw was that Ed Sheerans logo for his album '+' was a cat paw and his song that I was basing this Print on was his song 'Drunk' where he was talking to cat due to the fact he was drunk and not realising that cats really don't talk.

The text was something that I wanted to add because it was the song lyrics from the specific song, but it was rather a last minute thing due to the fact that I was thinking that the image was looking a bit empty. If I was to do this again, I would use a different image and maybe attempt at actually following the tutorial and putting an animals head on the body of a human person, for example Ed Sheeran again or maybe have a go at using a band to see what that turns out like.

No comments:

Post a Comment