Wednesday 4 July 2012

Vector Style

Miles Donovan Music Vector
Miles Donovan is a well known Illustrator that normally does many collages and photo-montages. When looking at these on his website, I found that they are really interesting and can be done for any sort of topic that is set. 
I actually like looking at the Vector stuff that Miles Donovan has done because it adds a nice effect and also shows a way that can emphasise a specific topic. Like, for example, the music is emphasised by the splatter in the background by the fact that in some animations that people create, they do the music beats as splatters to show the enthusiasm in the music beat and show how 'Heavy' it is. It is very colourful and the detail is still very strong to see what the person in the middle of the page is holding. 
Personally, it looks like it is a mixed artwork between Miles Donovan and Geraldine Georges, due to the splatter and the surrounding artwork.











These are my attempts at the Vector style tutorial that I found rather difficult to do. The top picture is the original photograph and then the second picture is the one that got Posterized in Photoshop before i had to save it before I took it over to Adobe Illustrator.  I found this task rather difficult because of the many steps that were explained in the tutorial and I myself isn't very clear on how to use Illustrator. However, I also enjoyed working with Illustrator and trying to learn how to use the many tools in it. Also, it was fun to see my outcomes. I think that if I was to do this again, I would use my own slightly different way of going about this tutorial and making sur hat I did follow all the steps.

To complete this tutorial, it took me two lessons in total because I had a go at once but I didn't keep the image because I thought that it turnt out really badly and I didn't like it so I tried it again and this is my final outcome. This is part of my experimentation and also looking at Miles Donovan because he did the best version which is at the top of the page. I used both Illustrator and Photoshop and I think that I achieved something that could use some work but it was good for a first attempt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment