Tuesday 26 June 2012

Stitching Style!





Above is the style that I was following for and I think these are really interesting because you can create a range of styles, using people that are standing around or who are jumping and making random shapes in the air, just by following a few steps.

These are probably made by using the Layer Clipping mask in photoshop and I was interested by the idea of doing a stitch-like object in photoshop. I also think that these are good to experiment with different materials found online and it gives a nice effect. For example, in the photo on the right, it looks like one of these photo-animations where you flick a book or something and it moves the person and with a different outlines could reflect the mood of the person at a certain stage and on the photo on the left, they all have similar looks to them and have leaf pattern and could reflect the band 'Pulp' and then the designer has also then coloured in the tops of their hair to make it stand out along with the pink outline. This is interesting because the pink doesn't stand out but it makes you think if they have just placed the 'leaf' pattern over the top and erased out some bits of the pattern to show of the pink in places because they wanted to see through back to the original colour to give it variety.

I like this way of designing and I would happily do it for my final piece if I was to use Layer Clipping masks and different colours for the different people that I wanted to put on the front of my Summer Of Sound CD cover. I would most likely use this way for a majority of artists, however it would be difficult because many artists prefer to have their photographs to be half-portraits.

Silhouette Outline reading for decorating!
CD Cover style Silhouettes.

An Optical Illusion Silhouette.

I think that the one that turned out really well was the Optical Illusion silhouette, even though it hurt my eyes to look at, and I really enjoyed doing this because it makes a really simple layout and if I was to add any words to it then I would probably add the word 'Drunk' from Ed Sheerans album '+' because when looking at an Optical Illusion, it makes you feel weird and light headed, the feeling that people could get when they get Drunk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment