Wednesday 27 June 2012

Stencil Style!

Ed Sheeran. Photoshop Stencil
This stitching picture was done on Adobe Photoshop and it wasn't that bad to do apart from trying to follow all the steps. I think that this turned out alright in the end because of how it looks now. It reminds me of an optical illusion in a way or a hypnotising way of looking a picture and enticing you to look at Ed Sheeran and notice how he looks in stencil form. I think that this turned out really well and I would do another picture if I could because it would really enjoy me to do something in the style of this. Also, I would enjoy learning about different effects and maybe not following the tutorial, that we had to follow, 100% and doing somethings slightly different to give a different look to it.

When following the tutorial, I found it easy to listen to and because I had taught myself many of the things on photoshop I knew where roughly things were and I found it alright to get on with. To start with, we had to cut around the shape of the person we were using and then turn them into a 'cut out' sort of person, where there isn't many colour to the photo. Then you cut around the shape using the pen tool to leave you with just the main subject because that's all you need to do this sort of thing. Then you have a new layer where you pick any colour that you want in the middle, where the majority of white is and then you change this layer to a certain filter which then leaves you with the dots. It would be better to leave the dots at a small size before continuing because that way it gives a nicer effect.

You then leave that and go to work on the background to get this spiral effect. You make a new layer and then colour it in, using a desired colour that you want to use. Then you make sure that everything is coloured, leaving no white gaps unless they are on the person or they are too hard for you to get into and then you go to sketch and then you have to make sure it's on halftone because that way you get this spiral effect and then you are done. It is a simple tutorial to complete and doesn't take long.

If I was to do this again, I would use a different picture and make the dots smaller that are in his face and maybe use a full body picture because that way I could get more of a better effect and give myself more of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment